Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The O.G. Riot Grrrrl

One of my favorite pastimes, and by past times I mean things to do while bored at work is to research and learn about the lives of the children of presidents. I'm also deeply obsessed with first ladies. Basically, anybody who is political by proximity. What they choose to do with the role they've been given says a lot about the person's character and in many cases they do absolutely nothing [Hi Laura!]
Politics have just been on the brain lately, they're all I can think about really so I thought I'd take this time to decompress and try to express the joy and love I have for my favorite child of a president, Ms. Amy Carter. I'm going to let the photos speak for awhile before I jump back in with a word or two.

Welcome To The Dollhouse


Amy with her cat Misty Malarky Ying Yang

Amy at tennis camp about to fuck up a bitch up for taking the pic

Amy at some sort of dull inauguration thing or other

I mean looking at these photos how can you NOT hear Kathleen Hanna wailing, "We are Bikini kill, and we want revolution! girl style now! " Amy lived in the White House from 4 to 9 years of age. During her occupancy she received an elephant from a Sri Lankan immigrant and owned 39 teddy bears [Wikipedia, what would I do without you!]

She apparently received heavy media coverage as she was the first child to live in the White House since the early 60's but she never let it go to her head! Choice quote, when asked whether she had any message for the children of America, Amy replied with a simple "No".

President Carter mentioned his daughter during a 1980 debate with Ronald Reagan, when he said he had asked her what the most important issue in that election was and she said, "the control of nuclear arms". This from a 9 year old! More politically conscious than the bush twins combined.

She maintained her sass through adulthood too as she was married barefoot and chose not to be "given away," stating that she "belonged to no one." Gangsta!

Amy, I love you.

3 comments:

Carina Johnson said...

michael, i love you

momo1212 said...

and I love YOU!

Arnold Lozano said...

you and your pres. kids... it actually inspired me, believe it or not, to do a lesson on them when i was doing the teaching thing.. the kids got a kick out of Quentin Roosevelt.. but I agree, there's something about Amy....