Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Need To Listen to This ASAP



Here's the track listing.

1. Love & Tears
2. I Want To Live
3. Ride a white Swan
4. Life Of Leisure
5. Babywoman
6. Looks Swank (Spooky)
7. Picnic In the Rain
8. When I Think About Rain
9. All Through The Night
10. Sunshine On a Rainy Day

Looks like Naomi has a preoccupation with rain? Three songs have it in the title, four if you want to get creative and count tears. There also seems to be a bittersweet complexity hinted at in just glancing at the overall track listing, see #1,6,7, and 10. Who knew Naomi was so emotionally sophisticated? She also got a little help from her friends in the backup vocals department with Luther Vandross [!] and Chrissie Hynde contributing to Swan and Love & Tears respectively. How could anyone refuse at least one go round in the ole' boom box?

As to which song I'm most excited to listen to based on title alone, its a tough one. There is the T. Rex cover Ride A White Swan which gets me curious. Looks Swank (Spooky) seems like it might be a searing inditement of the fashion industry and Picnic in the Rain appears to be one of those ditties that captures the laughing through the tears emotions I know we all love to experience and more importantly listen to. Babywoman kind of gives me a semi as there's nothing hotter than women who act like babies, am I right guys? All Through The Night and Sunshine On A Rainy Day are too generic and Life of Leisure is just a touch too on the nose, its like duh Naomi! Ultimately its track two I want to skip to and put on repeat. I Want to Live, with its simple Corky St. Clair like affirmation really gets me salivating and itching to spend money in an ironic conspicuous way. Wish me happy hunting in the used CD section at Amoeba!

1 comment:

Arnold Lozano said...

i'm particularly curious about looks swank (spooky).. i dunno, maybe its the parenthesis