Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Culture Wars

It seems like everyone is freaking the fuck out over Sarah Palin as the VP nom, myself included. Looks like we've got ANOTHER tired culture war on our hands instead of an election focusing on policy issues. Being the liberal, provincial cosmopolitan I am I initially saw McCain's pick as a huge blunder, it came across as desperate, manipulative, and uninformed. But then again I also can't fathom how this receives 16 million youtube hits or how this artist has managed to sell over 25 million records.

I guess the point is, she does have appeal and we have to get over it. Obama is a smart savvy politician. He's a Clinton slayer who can up the ante and show the working class that he cares about them because he really does. We just have to take deep breaths and try not to worry about the ever approaching November 4th date.

1 comment:

Arnold Lozano said...

depressing video... taking very deep breaths until election day...