Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tre Magnific!

So Les Chansons D'Amour finally made it to LA. I've been hearing about it for the past year thanks to my ex pat friend Arnold, who I've been writing about a lot lately. [April 18th!] Playing in one theatre ALL the way over in Beverly Hills I drove. After arriving and seating myself amongst an almost empty theatre dotted with the occasional gray haired patron [story of my movie going existence] I eagerly awaited. It is a delight. I get sad because I love to watch modern French films and have no one to revel in that joy with. In all honesty its for enjoyment purposes. They speak to me. I'm not particularly deep and have given up on trying to gain cultural cache by telling everyone about them because no one cares. I quietly consume these dessert confections. More often than not they're a heavy full course meal but still, its as if the experience isn't complete or real until you tell someone. So I'm telling you cyberspace! If you are a fan of The Umbrellas of Cherbourg as I am, you should by all means go. Its not perfect but how it makes me long to live in Paris and cavort with literate, articulate, complex, beautiful creatures like Louis Garrell. OMG, he is so dreamy in the film. Here's the trailer.

No comments: