Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ki Ki Ki Ki, Ma Ma Ma Ma

Since its almost Halloween I thought I'd pay tribute to one of my all time favorite morally wrong mamas Mrs. Pamela Vorhees. According to legend (or imdb trivia pages] Betsy Palmer said that if it were not for the fact that she was in desperate need of a new car, she would never have taken the part of Pamela Voorhees. In fact, after she read the script she called the film "a piece of shit". She worked on the film for ten days, for which she received $1000 per day.






Damn! That last one looks like Garey Busey with a bad weave. 10k! She could get a Kia Rio with that kind of money



Also to justify my kind of sincere enjoyment of the Friday the 13th series I thought I'd throw in some high falutin' art by Peter Doig who seems to be just as enamored and obsessed with the films as I am. He has several paintings that draw upon the final sequence from the first film.







According to the NYRB, "...he creates scenes where a defining act has happened or will happen, and what we take in is an indirectly tense coda or prelude."

Heady stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

locke drives a kia rio. please take this up with him.
xo
max

Carina Johnson said...

the gary busey and kia comments slayed me.