Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Greatest Music Video in the History of All Time

"Lets All Chant" is one of my all time favorite disco jams that is criminally ignored and underrated. It was put to useful effect in, "The Eyes of Laura Mars" and Whit Stillman had the good sense to include it in the soundtrack to his film, "Last Days of Disco" but otherwise its basically a forgotten classic. When I youtubed the video I went in with low expectations. Rarely does a music video so perfectly represent or capture the spirit of songs you hold dear. To me this song is thick with gothic atmosphere and irresistable dance beats. The kind of thing that makes you go ape shit on the dance floor. I took a deep sigh and clicked play. Even with the poor video and audio quality the brilliance of the video shone through. I want to live, dance, thrive, and die in this neon stark world of beautiful woman dressed in tailor made mens suits. Now the oboe solo does drag a little bit but it serves a purpose. You think the song is slowly winding down but then BAM! you're sucker-punched with a triumphant final dance break accompanied by a visual image of a windex blue 70's bikini goddess spread eagle.

UPDATE: I cannot stop watching this video. Every time I watch I feel as if I am seizuring with divine pop rapture. Its so good that I am no longer able to be productive [I'm at work]

No comments: