Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Goodbye Desert Rose

My Wednesday morning has totally been ruined. I've been crying into my chamomile tea all morning [and last night when Billy Joel's Piano Man came on the radio in my car.... I might have problems] But anyway, Flower Whiskers, the regal matriarch of Meerkat Mannor passed last week and I just found out today. Apparently it was a Cobra, it gets worse. From the NYT, "Though the death had been foretold in advertisements, which announced an impending tragedy that would change things forever, few seemed prepared for the bloody eventuality of Flower’s end, her tiny head swollen from infection, the melancholy music that accompanied her never-to-be-resumed breaths. Flower had fallen protecting her cubs." Following is a fan tribute

1 comment:

Arnold Lozano said...

I find it very difficult to give a rat's ass for the death of a meerkat. Oddly enough, when I am at my parent's house I watch this show religiously. I guess what I'm really trying to say is R.I.P. Desert Rose, R.I.P.